Journey Church is intentional in being an “Acts 1:8” church, surrendered to the Holy Spirit and witnessing in our JERUSALEM (Tifton, GA, Tift County, the Mell Baptist Association), JUDEA (Georgia, Georgia Baptist Convention), SAMARIA (United States/North America), and the UTTERMOST PARTS (World, International Mission Board). Each geographical area is engaged simultaneously and constantly because they are of equal importance to God.
Acts 1:8 Teaches:
1. That every person in the world deserves a witness about Jesus Christ.
2. Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and the world are of equal importance and should be engaged simultaneously.
3. This is God’s plan to reach the world.
The Great Commission found in Matthew 28:18-20 commands us to make disciples of all peoples. Listed below are a few of the ways in which Journey Church is involved in reaching the nations.
• Journey Church partners with the IMB (International Mission Board) of the SBC (Southern Baptist Convention) in spreading the Gospel and ministering through CP (Cooperative Program) giving and other missions offerings, helping to support thousands of International Missionaries to countries where God has called and placed them to serve.
• Journey Church is intentional in developing a plan to strategically spread the gospel in other parts of the world through the commissioning of short-term International Mission Teams (IMT) (and individuals) to different parts of the world.
• Journey Church has sent an IMT to the Dominican Republic for a week long mission in the early Spring of 2011 to minister among the nationals there through construction, door-to-door and street evangelism, and through developing relationships.
• Journey Church is intentional in going into global communities to prayerfully survey the areas/regions and to adopt specific areas to partner with in evangelism and effectively reaching the world with the life-changing Gospel of Jesus Christ. JC also desires to be actively engaged in strengthening national pastors to reach their area(s) for Christ and to minister more effectively.